Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Frumpy Hausfrau Finds Another Bargain

I've been having a difficult time finding the umph to post on this blog. Amazing how gaining just a couple of pounds makes me feel stuffed into my clothes and therefore, uncomfortable in anything I wear, regardless if it fits or flatters. One pesky pound has left the premises, and I hope more follow in its wake. In the meantime, it is important that I keep up with the blog. Not that this blog itself is all that great or important, but keeping up with it will help me keep my focus and (hopefully) see some progress.

Last Friday, I went grocery shopping. It was still chilly then, at least in the morning, but I was really getting tired of wearing pants. Time to break out dresses and skirts! This dress is one that looks as if it should be cool, since it's a sundress, but because the fabric is a moderate weight knit, it's actually best to wear it on a day that doesn't get above 70°. Last Friday was the perfect day to wear it.

 Christopher & Banks denim jacket - thrifted
Merona sundress - thrifted
Danskin Now t-shirt - Walmart
Mossimo western boots - Target
Wooden circle earrings - JCP

That jacket is definitely too big on me, and rather boxy - but I still like it and won't be giving it up any time soon. It's just too versatile! Maybe I can take some darts in it to help with the boxiness. I've already rolled the sleeves, as you can see, but I don't really know what to do about it being too big in the shoulders. Aside from completely taking it apart and re-sewing it (which is NOT going to happen!), I don't know what simple alteration can be done for that. The dress is one that I had picked up at a yard sale last summer; I shortened it to a better length for me.

Since I wore that outfit out shopping, I thought I'd share my best bargain of that trip with you. Dillons had Country Time lemonade mix on sale 10 for $10 - a great price as it was! But...I had a handful of coupons for  $1 off 2 packages, bringing the price down to just 50¢ each! This will give me something "special" to drink on a hot summer day, since my tummy isn't tolerating soda pop these days. I'm sad that I can't have my favorite summer time occasional beverage - a Vanilla Coke. Lemonade isn't quite the same, but it will taste better having been purchase so cheaply!


2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I like this outfit. You look so stylish with your boots.
Great buy on the lemonade, too.

Melissa said...

Thank you!