Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fun Socks Week II, Day 4 -- Just A-Swingin'

My fun socks and I ventured outside for a few minutes this hot afternoon, because even though being indoors in the air conditioning is nice, it makes for very boring photos. The dogs came out with me, one to piddle and the other to sniff around the yard, while I contemplated how to take interesting pictures of my feet. 

Everyone does this, right? Ha ha ha!

When I was a kid, I loved to swing. In first grade, I was one of those kids who raced to the swing set at recess, and then if I scored a swing, I'd pump my short chubby legs as hard as I could to try and touch the tree branches overhead. I was NOT one of the brave (?? stupid ??) kids who would then jump out of the swing to see if I could land on my feet like a cat. Nope, not me. I'll keep my legs unbroken, thank you very much.

As I gazed around the yard, my eyes lit upon the old jungle gym and swing in our side yard. The swing is about waist-high to me, so I had to heft myself into it - but I did it! Took some doing to get started, since my fun-sock-clad feet could not reach the ground. But again - I did it!

Faded Glory dress - Walmart

Most people would think that eating a giant slice of juicy watermelon on a hot summer afternoon is a tasty treat. I'm not that fond of watermelon, however, so instead of eating it, I'll wear it. On my feet!

I'm gonna touch the tree branches!

Watermelon socks - Walmart






2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I must get to Walmart to find some fun socks. I thought we were so much alike, but I LOVE watermelon. yummy. I also enjoy swinging and would jump out when I was much younger.

Melissa said...

Yes, you do! I saw quite a few cute pair when I was at the store yesterday. But...my sock drawer is full, so I refrained from buying more. My preference in melons is cantaloupe. Watermelon just makes me have to pee. A lot. LOL And obviously, you were a much braver kid than I was!