Thursday, July 18, 2013

Making an Effort

So....I haven't had the inspiration or motivation to blog lately. Last week, I took Boo to Vacation Bible School at our church every morning. We had a LOT of fun together! It was Boo's first VBS adventure, and he soaked it up like a little sponge. Daughter said all he talked about when she got home from work was "Kingdom Rock" and "Stand Strong!" This Grammy was fashionably frumpy all week long, wearing long shorts or capris and t-shirts every day except Friday. On Friday, I wore a simple dress, hoping to stay a little cooler. Boo said, "Grammy, I like you's new dress!" when I picked him up that morning. What a sweet boy!



And then, over the weekend, some stuff happened that left me feeling like moving to a deserted island and staying there. I'm sure God will work it all out for the best, but I'm still not handling it too well. I do not like confrontation in any way, shape or form, whether I'm doing the confronting, being confronted or witnessing confrontation. My prefered way of dealing with issues is to make imaginary confrontations, keeping all the stress stuffed inside my head, where it eventually gets buried far enough that I can pretend it doesn't exist. Sometimes things must be dealt with head-on, however, and that leaves me stressed out like a bunny rabbit surrounded by starving barn cats.

This week, I am making an effort to be positive, to let God handle all that crud (because I simply can't!) and to take care of myself. My neighbor C has encouraged me to be her walking buddy, so I've been joining her every other evening. We walk and talk for about 45 minutes, and it's really helping both of us to handle our respective life issues. I've been doing a yoga session almost every morning, which is a good stress reliever. Today, I gave my growing-out hair a color touch-up, and tonight I plan to wear a decent outfit to our church ladies' group's Christmas in July party. It's going to get better; I must keep my trust in God's promise that all things work together for good for those who love Him!

In keeping with this being positive thing, here's a good deal I ran across at the grocery store this week:


FREE snacks! Green Giant Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips were on sale at Dillons for 99¢ when you bought four. They were FREE after using doubled 50¢ coupons, and I got the last four on the shelf. Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love Bible School. I haven't taught/helped in years, but I did the music and program for years at my former church.
I hope things are better for you now.