Friday, July 19, 2013

Not Exactly Christmas in July

Last night was our annual Christmas in July party for our ladies' group at church. I thought about dressing in appropriate holiday colors, but then I remembered the new scarf I'd recently purchased. And since I am making an effort to look slightly better than a lumpy frump, a scarf seemed to be a good idea. This is the outfit I went with, despite it being more patriotic than festive:

Mossimo kimono dress - Target
Bird print scarf - Walmart
Born BOC sandals - Vanderbuilt's

Don't you just adore my beach towel "curtains"? One of these days I'm going fabric shopping and will get some decent curtains made.


I could not resist this bird print scarf, even though I have more than enough scarves in my collection already! Probably should have worn it tied differently than this, but my imagination was lacking. Plus it was quite hot out and I didn't really want a bunch of fabric around my neck.

Bracelet watch - thrifted

1 comment: