Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lost Things, Hot Sheers,a Mop Head and Stirrups

Liz Claiborne shirt - JCP
Dressbarn skirt - Dressbarn
BOC Born sandals - Vanderbuilt's

There is a reason I don't tuck in shirts very often. I'm short-waisted with a poochy tummy...bad combination for tucked-in tops! This shirt is long enough, however, that it looked pretty sloppy untucked. All I can say is that I will be very glad when the weather is cool enough to wear cardigans again!

Earrings - Target
Necklace - Walmart

Sadly, this will be the first and only time these earrings graced my lobes. The one in my right ear fell out every time I leaned over ever so slightly, despite pinching the hook tighter. By the time I got home from church, there were only two of the wavy disks left. Drat. I did like these earrings! Ah well, at least I didn't spend much money on them. They were part of a three-pack that cost less than $4.

Amazingly enough, this shirt is not very cooling to wear. You'd think with the sheer top it would be nice and breezy, but whatever that stuff is, it's sweat-inducing. I've worn it twice this week and both times end up shedding it as soon as possible for a regular t-shirt. It will have to wait for fall to be worn again. Who cares what they say about wearing white after Labor Day?!

It's getting more difficult for me to be patient with my hair growing out. Right now, it looks like an old string mop no matter what I do with it. (I have to say, tho, that I did like how it looked in yesterday's post. If only I could remember what I did differently!) I bought a new boar bristle hair brush and use it faithfully every day; it's helping to reduce the fuzziness, but....still... It is so tempting to call my hair dresser and make an appointment to get it cut. Hmmm...I wonder if she could just do a little transition trimming that would help? I really don't want to go as short as it was at the beginning of summer. With my full face, short hair makes it look that much rounder. And I'm round enough as it is. Something to ponder...

Oh, I did make an appointment of a completely different nature yesterday! It's been nearly two years since my last "yearly" exam; I'll put my feet in the stirrups in about a month. Oh joy. AND -- drum roll, please -- after having health insurance for nearly 9 months, I finally located new general doctors for Some Postman and me! We rarely visit the doctor, being in very good health most of the time, which is probably why I put it off so long. However, Some Postman is in full blown allergies and if it gets worse, I might have to force him to see a doctor...so I thought it would be pre-emptive to get him one. And, yes, I've had these pain issues for the past several years that really should be dealt with, so I need one, too. I just hope this one won't tell me what the last one did - "I really don't know what it is. Probably just fat." Is it any wonder I stay away from the doctor???

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Are you kidding me? A doctor said that to you. Geesh. That was helpful.
I know what you mean about the shirt. I can only wear cotton now. (And cotton has to be ironed.)

Anonymous said...

I needed to thank you for this good read!! I certainly loved
every little bit of it. I have got you saved as a
favorite to check out new stuff you post…

my web site ... test