Monday, August 5, 2013

Shopping for Curtains

We moved back into our master bedroom a couple of months ago, and I still have beach towels covering the windows. It's time to put some real curtains up! So I went fabric shopping...with absolutely no luck at all. It turns out that the shade of dark brown in my bedding set is a very unusual one. The only fabric that matched it perfectly was a camouflage print! Oh no, there will NOT be camo curtains in my bedroom!

Saturday morning was spent gandering at every window treatment online, searching for an affordable option that comes close to what I had in mind...with absolutely no luck, again. I'm beginning to think we're going to have to stick with beach towels...

At any rate, while at JoAnn's Fabrics, I purchased my new best friend. Well, she will be my new best friend when it comes to sewing!


She's still in the box, sadly. I think she'll be getting out today, however. She needs a name, don't you think? Let's see...she looks like a Betsy to me. Or Bessy? Like Dressy Bessy... No, I like Betsy better. Betsy she is!

This is the comfortable yet not-slobbish outfit I wore while out shopping for Betsy and the non-existent curtain fabric:

Hanes t-shirt - Walmart
Rafaella skirt - thrifted
Born BOC sandals - Vanderbuilt's

I don't wear shirts tucked in very often due to my short waist and poochy tummy, but this skirt has pretty ribbon trim that begged to be allowed to show.



No comments: