Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Favorite Kitchen Gadgets - Can Opener

We still have the heavy, clunky electric can opener that was given to us at a wedding shower waaaay back in 1989. It still works. Drat. But I was ready for a new one, so I got one anyway. I wanted something less bulky, easy to use and inexpensive. When I saw this cute little Hamilton Beach rechargeable unit, I simply had to have it! It wasn't the cheapest unit available, but it was reasonably priced at under $20.


I call this my little kitchen robot, because he does the work of opening cans pretty much all by himself. Just attach him to a can, press down and watch him go!


Isn't that fun? I could open cans all day long! There is an old-fashioned hand-operated can opener in my utensil drawer, but the beauty of this little guy is that he'll still open cans even if the power is out, for quite some time before he runs out of steam. Over time, I'm sure he'll need to be plugged in more often, but so far he's needed charging about once a month. The cutting lever is removable for easy cleaning, too.

My little kitchen robot came from Walmart: you can learn more about the product here. I'm sure it is available for purchase at many stores, but I found it at Target and on Amazon as well. Walmart does have the best price on it. This post was not sponsored by any of the companies mentioned, nor was I paid by anyone for my opinion.


No comments: