Sunday, October 20, 2013

Getting Dressed on Sunday

This week is the Get Dressed Every Day challenge! My sister has pledged to join me in this, and will hopefully have the chance to post at least a few of her daily outfits. I'll do my best to post every day, as well.

Here is what I wore to church this morning:

 Merona dress - Target

(Ugh - I should have looked at the pics as my dear Hubby took them this morning. Then I could have had better ones! Oh well...)

Necklace - ummm....Walmart?

 Alfani leather jacket - thrifted
Handbag - thrifted


This is the wonderfully soft leather jacket I bought at Goodwill last week. It is easily my most favorite thing to wear now! I did let out the seams a bit at the sides to ease the fit somewhat, and discovered that sewing leather is even more of a challenge than sewing denim. My thimble worked hard!

 Sofft peep-toe pumps - thrifted


My feet have a bad habit of sliding forward in heeled shoes, especially ones with open toes. I found this package of No-Slips in the bottom of a dresser drawer when I switched out my summer and fall clothes a couple weeks ago. They really do work wonders! Not only did my feet stay put, thus eliminating the all-my-toes-are-squished-into-the-peep problem, but my feet also didn't hurt after walking around. Next time I'm at Dollar Tree, I'm going to see if they still have these and stock up.

As you may have guessed, I'm no longer wearing my fab red dress or favorite leather jacket. Once we got home, I changed into jeans and a flannel shirt. Certainly not noteworthy, and only slightly better than baggy sweats. But dressed! 

OK, you all, let's make an effort each day to put on an outfit that looks nice, is comfortable, uses more of our closet components and boosts our spirits. Get dressed every day!

3 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

That's a very pretty dress. I like your shoes, too.

twebsterarmstrong said...

I think red is YOUR color. Very striking.

Melissa said...

Thank you, ladies!