Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Busy Week!

The week of Thanksgiving is always a busy one, it seems. Some Postman had Monday off, so we made a trip to Town after I got back home from my hair cut in Small Town. We had lunch at Carlos O'Kelly's, which is fairly vegetarian friendly, I learned. We did a little Christmas shopping, picked up some groceries and ordered a new mattress set. Oh, I am looking forward to that arriving! The mattress we have now is at least as old as our daughter. I have a difficult time finding a comfortable way to sleep on it. Some Postman could sleep like a puppy dog just about anywhere. I wonder how he does that?

On Tuesday, I'd planned to get some prep work done for the food I'll be taking to our family Thanksgiving at my uncle and aunt's house. But early that morning, my aunt let everyone know that Grandpa was in the ICU and the doctor said the family should come. So as soon as SP got home from delivering the mail, we went back to Town and spent the rest of the day at the hospital. I'm very pleased to say that Grandpa responded well to the treatments he received, and today he was moved into a regular room! Praise God for answered prayer!

And so today has been spent finishing the laundry that had to be left half-done yesterday. (I think my dryer is about to give up the ghost. It's been making a clunking noise when it first starts up, but today it also paused numerous times. I begged it just to finish up today and then it can die later! It's much too cold to hang laundry on the line.) I donned my apron, too, and made a Big Huge Mess in the kitchen. So far, I've made Honey Wheat Rolls, Caramel Cranberry Bars (with dark chocolate instead of pecans, in case my nephew with a nut allergy wants to sample them), and Old Fashioned Fudge (gluten-, dairy- and nut-free, but NOT workout-free - I believe I burned enough calories beating the daylights out of that fudge to earn several "free" pieces!). In a few minutes, I'll get a beef roast in the oven for SP's supper, then make a batch of Quinoa Dressing. Thankfully, I don't have to make cranberry sauce, because Grandma Hoerner's makes the best sauce ever. My beverage contribution to the Thanksgiving meal will be egg nog; the grocery store had half gallons on sale for 99¢. I am sure our dinner table will be overflowing with delicious dishes!

Going back to Sunday...this is what I wore to church that morning. I must say that I really, really liked this outfit. This dress lends itself to being worn so many ways, I am tempted to wear it again next Sunday! But I will try to wait at least another week. Or wear it to a meeting or to the grocery store, so as not to wear it too soon to the same place. How I do love the colors!

Xhileration dress - Target
Next ♥ Era sweater - thrifted
Merona tights - Target
Ciao Bella boots - eBay

I'm still not fully familiar with how the photo program on this new computer works, so the above picture isn't cropped, like I wanted it to be. For some reason, it's a copy. I have no idea what happened to the original! I'll get this thing figured out eventually...

Necklace - JCP, I think

Looking at these pics, I almost miss my longer hair. Yeah, I got it cut short! Ah well...it'll grow. 

 Ring - JCP


1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I didn't realize I was behind in your blog. I also didn't realize your grandpa was in ICU. I'm glad he is doing better.
I really like that dress, too. Love the boots!