Sunday, November 17, 2013

Feeling Like Myself

Some Postman had this past Friday off from work. After I got back home from my cleaning job that morning, he said we should go to Town for lunch and some shopping. This sounded good to me! I didn't want to delay things by showering and putting on nicer clothes. He said what I had on was fine, so away we went.

We had a good time together, but I felt ill at ease and not like myself the entire time we were out and about. The problem was that my hair felt yucky and I was wearing lounge pants, a t-shirt and a flannel shirt. It wasn't until we popped in to Walmart that I felt appropriately dressed. Not that I "dress up" to go to Town, but I don't normally wear grubbies, so I just didn't feel like myself.

After we got home, I showered, did something to my hair and put on jeans, a long sleeve tee and a drapey sweater, with a necklace and earrings. Nothing fancy, by any means, but it certainly felt more like me! Some Postman and I attended the high school musical that evening, which we thoroughly enjoyed. It's amazing how much more I enjoyed that outing, simply because of my clothing! It really does set the mood.

Now, today, for church, I wore pants. Definitely NOT the norm for me, but a good idea, as it turns out. The wind is quite ferocious today! A skirt or dress would have been up around my ears. Eek!

 Xhileration top - Target
George pants - either Walmart or thrifted, I can't remember which
Scarf - gift from Bestie



Earth Spirit Classics mules - Walmart


3 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Very pretty scarf!

Mia said...

I like all these cool colors together! I tend to wear a lot of shlubby clothes on the weekend because I'm usually cleaning, or fixing my bike, or doing things that would be impractical to do in nicer clothes, but I always feel a little disappointed that I don't get to do outfit pictures on those days. At least I get to appreciate a clean kitchen, anyway!

Melissa said...

There is a lot to be said for a clean kitchen! And yes, one cannot crawl inside the oven to scrub off the burnt offerings while wearing heals and pearls. How did June Cleaver do that, anyway? LOL