Saturday, November 23, 2013

Transitions

It's been a few days since I made a post here on the Flint Hills Hausfrau...not because I haven't been wearing decent outfits, at least most days. Rather, it's due to my slowness in learning how to use a new computer. This new one uses Windows 8, which some folks don't care for, I've heard. I've found it to be fairly easy to navigate, although there have been times I've had to hunt all over for the obscure little thing for which I'm searching. No, the biggest problem has been transferring files from old Putie to new Rosey. (I named the new computer Rosey after the robot maid on The Jetsons. Yeah, I'm weird like that!) And setting up my husband's email was a bit challenging - I had to call tech support for that. And then I had to learn where and how to store and edit photos. Kind of hard to create outfit posts without pictures! I think I'm finally ready to make a post, tho, so here we go....

This is what I wore on Thursday. Book Club met that evening, so I wanted to incorporate some items given to me by book club members. The pants were given to me by Ursula and the scarf was made by Sharon. As it turns out, I didn't end up going to Book Club because the weather got nasty. I hear the few who did make it had a really great time....now I'm sad I missed it. But not sad I snuggled on the couch with my Postman and Pooka all evening instead.

Mossimo sweater - Target
Cecil pants from Germany - gift from Ursula
Hand-knit scarf - gift from Sharon

My plan, if I had braved the sleet and bitter cold north wind, was to wear my congnac tall boots and that fuzzy soft cozy sweater/jacket thing draped over the chair behind me in the above photo. Instead, I wore these comfy shoes all day until after supper when I donned my slipper booties.

Merrell shoes - eBay

Check out these super Fun Socks! I enjoy wearing goofy socks in the cold weather, too, even though they aren't seen much, being covered by shoes and pants most of the time. I really like the socks from Dressbarn, as they don't develop holes too quickly and they stay up without cutting off my circulation or leaving a band mark around my lower calf.

Socks - Dressbarn

The scarf stayed on most of the day, too, except when I was cooking and eating soup for lunch. That sweater has a wide, drape-y cowl neckline so I got cold without the warmth of the scarf.

Earrings - Target

Yeah, I have a hard time with selfies. Always cutting something off or angling the camera oddly. One thing I like about Rosey's photo editing is the auto adjust. It fixed a lot of the color issues in my photos. Now if I could just find an editing tool that will fix my goofball expressions...

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love that last picture of you. Blue is a good color for you!