Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Christmas-y Without Spending Big Bucks

The Merona tiered tees from Target have been some of my most favorite shirts to wear, so when I saw a tiered dress on clearance online, it went directly into my cart! Actually, I put two dresses in my cart - one in red, size large, and one in gray, size extra large. For the tees, size large fits me best, but knowing that I'm somewhat pear shaped, I thought I might need a little extra room in a dress. It turns out that a large works best for me in the dresses, too. I'm glad, because I really, really love the dress in red!

I wore the red dress to church on Boo's birthday. I was going to wear it to his party, too, but ended up wearing jeans instead. We did play on the floor together, so it was a good choice.

 Merona dress - Target
Scarf - hmmm....I can't remember!

 Nurture booties - thrifted

Vintage wool coat - thrifted
Hat - eBay

This winter, I've been looking at coats when I visit Goodwill or the church thrift store in Little Town. This winter white vintage wool coat was only $4 at the church thrift store, and it fits me perfectly! None of my hats looked right with it, so I had to go hat shopping, of course. Nothing in stores looked right, either, so I went online and found this wonderful leopard print hat on eBay. I think it's a perfect pairing!

1 comment:

Mia said...

I think it's perfect, too. Red, leopard, and cream--so festive! Much Christmas! Wow! (Sorry, I need to spend less time on Tumblr.)