Thursday, February 20, 2014

Where I've Been and What's Coming Soon

Guess where I've been lately? On a mini-vacation! Some Postman took a few days off from delivering mail and we flew to Seattle for a four-day weekend. It was a wonderful break from the norm! The main reason for the trip, of course, was PUSAfest. The Presidents of the United States of America present a series of concerts the weekend of President's Day; this is the second year in a row that SP and I have attended. (By the way, my nickname for my husband, Some Postman, comes from one of PUSA's songs of the same title.)

At the Space Needle

I did not take any outfit photos while away; they were almost always covered by this coat. It was rainy, somewhat windy, and chilly most of the time. As you can see in the above photo, the hood was not as water-proof as I had hoped, allowing my hair to get wet and leaving it bedraggled once dried. Definitely NOT fashionable! I packed as lightly as possible, since we took carry-on bags only, and had to carry those bags with us part of the time before and after checking out of our hotel. Almost didn't take a second pair of jeans, but was glad I did so I had a dry pair to change into. If we go again next year, we'll look for backpacks, I will consider wearing boots, and we'll invest in a decent umbrella (ours is ancient and sucks bigtime!).

Pike Place Market - posing with the Pig
At the Acoustic Concert (my favorite!)


The day before we left on our trip, Some Postman bought me a new Canon compact camera. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while, so when I saw this one in the weekly ad for $49.99, I asked him for it. He agreed, but only if I promised to finish filing the stacks of photos in the pie cabinet. Ha ha! Yes, I will get to that project. I love to take pictures, but don't do a very good job of keeping them organized.

At any rate, I had fun learning to use this new little camera in Seattle. Here are a few of my favorite shots:

Space Needle with Sonic Bloom

Space Needle at Dusk
Sunset over Puget Sound
I did buy three little jewelry pieces in Seattle, which I hope to feature on the blog soon. Otherwise, I didn't purchase any souvenirs - I didn't want to add extra weight to my bag!

Fighting with my hair on the trip convinced me that I really do need a haircut. I'd been "growing it out" -- actually, just not bothering to get it cut -- but it really does look terrible without great pains and much hairspray. I've got an appointment Friday morning with my hairdresser, and did some searching on the 'net for a new look. I'm going to try something really different! It's kind of scary, but hey, it's only hair.

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Mia said...

Haha, I was just recently wondering if Some Postman's nickname was PUSA-related. I've never seen them live, which is obviously something I wanna fix--this looks like it was so much fun!