Saturday, April 26, 2014

I've Been Nominated for a Liebster Award!



The lovely Mia of Reading in Skirts has honored me with a Liebster Award nomination! The Liebster Award recognizes up-and-coming bloggers with fewer than 500 followers. It's also a great way to introduce "small" blogs and hopefully increase their readership.

The Rules:

1.  Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
2.  You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to the nominee before you.
3.  You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated who also have 500 subscribers or less.
4.  You must create 10 questions for your nominees.

Here are the questions that Mia gave to her nominees:

1. What's your desktop background right now?
 
A photo I took on our recent trip to Seattle of boats docked at Lake Union:



2.  Are you more of an asker or a guesser?

Hmmm...I suppose I'm more of an asker. It really depends on who I'm asking and what I'm asking about.

3.  If you drink, what's your favorite cocktail? If not, what's your favorite thing people ask you when they want to know why you don't drink?

I'm not opposed to drinking spirited beverages, but I drink only at home or friends' homes, never "out" so I honestly don't know what is considered a cocktail. Mostly I drink wine. Cheap, sweet wine. I sampled some homemade raspberry wine once that was delicious, but totally curled my hair after one sip! Woo-ee, that was potent stuff!

4.  Would you rather have super-long fingernails or super-long eyebrows?

Egads! Neither! But if I have to choose, I'll say super-long fingernails. I've always had rather bushy eyebrows and do my best to keep them trimmed up. I used to keep my fingernails longer, but since I type quite often these days and always have my hands in dishwater, it's best for me to have them short now. If my nails extend any more than a quarter inch, it feels icky.

5.  Do you write the number 8 as two circles or as a "figure eight"?

Figure eight, starting at the top right and moving counter-clockwise.

6.  What's your least-favorite fruit?

Mangos. Or papayas. Or watermelon. I know, it's almost un-American not to like watermelon. I'll eat it, but it's not my favorite.

7.  What's your go-to summer food or recipe?

One of my favorite summer time foods is home grown cantaloupe. Now there's a melon I truly enjoy! I had to give it up when I was pregnant with my daughter, because it made my stomach churn, which made me really, really sad. Thank goodness that business cleared up after she was born! Our local grocery store will have a giant box full of enormous locally grown cantaloupe each summer. They are as big as basketballs and so sweet and juicy, your eyes will roll back in your head and you will sigh with rapture! Can you tell I really, really love cantaloupe? :)

As for a go-to summer recipe, it has to be a super simple ice cream recipe from an Eagle Brand cookbook:
1/2 a can of sweetened condensed milk
 2 cups half & half                                
1 tsp vanilla extract                            
Stir together and pour into ice cream freezer. 
I've halved the amounts of the original recipe so our soft serve ice cream maker doesn't overflow. This summer, I'll need to come up with an alternative recipe for myself, because my lactose intolerance has returned. I'm going to try using coconut milk instead of the half & half and see if that's enough of a dairy reduction. There isn't a milk-free version of sweetened condensed milk available that I'm aware of.

8.  If it's not too personal, do you have any food allergies?

Not that I'm aware of. I do have food sensitivities, like the afore-mentioned lactose intolerance. I do not eat meat, but not because of an allergy, just an inability to digest it without pain.

9.  How do you leave a party?

Usually by the same door I entered.

10.  If you're unhappy with food, will you return it?

Honestly, I can't say that I've ever been unhappy with any food I've ordered at a restaurant. I suppose if it ever does happen, however, I would send it back. After all, I've paid for it and want to enjoy it.


And now for the 10 bloggers I shall nominate for a Liebster Award:


Here are my 10 questions:

1.  Are you owned by a pet?
2.  What book are you currently reading?
3.  How do you take your coffee?
4.  Is there a music genre you enjoy that might surprise others?
5.  Have you traveled outside the United States? If so, where? If not, where would you like to go?
6.  Was there ever one event that completely changed your life or outlook on life?
7.  It's a rainy Sunday afternoon. What are you doing?
8.  How many shoes live in your closet?
9.  What was your favorite toy as a child?
10.  Do you have a collection of any kind?

You are not required to participate in this meme, of course, but if you choose to do so, have fun with it!



2 comments:

Jen @ Librarian for Life and Style said...

Thank you for nominating me! I'm going to do a follow-up post about this on my blog this next week. :)

Melissa G said...

Looking forward to it, Jen! :)