Thursday, April 10, 2014

Short Giant with a Challenge

Since we got home from church last night while it was still plenty light out, I asked Some Postman to take some outdoor photos for me. He said that where I stood, it made it look like I'm taller than the barn. Granted, it's not a tall barn, but I'm only 5'2". I'm a short giant!

 Christopher & Banks shirt - thrifted
Isaac Mizrahi for Target skirt - thrifted
Belt - rue21
Michelle D flats - thrifted

 I wish Some Postman had thought to mention my hair was misbehaving.



As you can see, not only was I not wearing a jacket yesterday, but I was also bare-legged! Yes, the mercury reached 80° yesterday. The South Wind gusted mightily, too, but that's part of the deal. If you want it warm, it's gonna be windy.

It seems the time has finally come to put away heavy sweaters, tights and flannel-lined leggings. Next week, I believe I will dig out my totes of summer clothes. Of course, it's far too early to put away such things as jackets, jeans and fuzzy pants, because we'll have a good share of chilly mornings and evenings yet. But it will be nice to lighten up and brighten up the wardrobe.

With the "spring cleaning" of my closet, it's a good time to implement Use It or Lose It once again. Why now, you ask, when it's unlikely you'll have an opportunity to wear that wool skirt anyway? Well, it's been a long time since I've seen what's in those tote boxes. There are most likely several items that were seldom worn last season; it's time to decide whether they should stay or go. If you wish to join me in this challenge, here's how Use It or Lose It works:

Select 4-6 items from your wardrobe that have not seen the light of day in a long time. Over the next three weeks, if you have not found a way to wear them, then they must be removed from your inventory. Sometimes, I have discarded items even though I did wear them - after wearing a shirt, for example, I may have rediscovered why it was shoved in the back of the closet in the first place. Use It or Lose It is a good way to ensure that what is in your closet is wearable and versatile.

Join me! :)

2 comments:

Mia said...

I'll only be able to participate for part of the challenge--I'm NOT bringing any on-the-fence garments to Austria, haha--but I'm joining in while I can! Red and denim is such a great combination...not one I wear much, but I really like it on other folks! Has a nice sort of country vibe.

Melissa G said...

Thanks for joining in on the challenge, Mia! I hope to get my items chosen later this week. This may not have been the best week for me to start something new, what with Easter and birthdays and winter coming back to smack us upside the head....

I can hardly wait to hear about your trip to Austria!