Friday, April 4, 2014

Slogging Through Mud

That's how I feel like I am moving through my days lately - very slowly, with lots of muck on my feet. I don't know why. It's spring! I should be bounding about like a Dachshund chasing a rabbit in a field of tall grass. Maybe I need to give myself a good all-over shake like a dog does after a bath, and get a fresh start.

This past Tuesday, April Fools Day, I went grocery shopping and met my aunt for lunch. My outfit wasn't anything noteworthy, but I took pictures of it anyway. Aunt D and I enjoyed our lunch together, although we could have used more time. We didn't get all our gabbing done!


Allison Daley shirt - thrifted
Liz Claiborne jeans - thrifted
Born moccasins - eBay

Earrings - I think they were a promo item for doing a survey ages and ages ago.

Vintage pin - antique vendor

Chihuly glass ring - exhibit gift shop, Seattle

I think it's time to come up with some ways to motivate me to get dressed properly every day again, and use my wardrobe better. Maybe "use it or lose it" again? Or "fun socks week"? How about "a skirt every day"? Well, it would need to be warm enough for that. Currently, it is not. Sigh....well, I need to get out of this rut somehow! Perhaps inspiration will hit me as I wash the dishes...

2 comments:

Mia said...

I'll join you for some "use it or lose it"! I need to be ruthless with my closet space. (And that ring is gorgeous!)

Melissa G said...

Okay! I will probably wait til I bring out my warm weather clothes before implementing "use it or lose it". The weather is getting warm enough now, so I'm hoping to get into those totes next week. Yay!