Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sometimes You Just Have to Let it Go

No, I've never even heard the song from the movie Frozen, at least not more than a snippet. My nieces have seen the movie, I'm sure, but it's not my grandson's kind of thing, so I've never seen it. But I can appreciate the sentiment.

This is what I wore to church this past Sunday morning:

Liz Claiborne top & skirt - JCPenney
Belt - Walmart
Blondo shoes - eBay
Necklace - gift from MA

This is one of a rare few outfits I've ever purchased both pieces at the same time to purposely go together. I've worn it before on the blog here, ironically in a post with a very similar title. At that time, I was letting go of my frustrations of not being a smaller size, the "right" weight, the ideal shape. This time, it's an entirely different kind of letting go.

I like how this skirt looks when I'm standing up. Sitting down, however, makes me very self-conscious and uncomfortable. When I stand back up, the skirt has traveled up and must be tugged back down where it belongs. While I agree with myself from a few months ago that it's fine to wear certain things even if that style isn't "right" for my body, I'm also learning to say farewell to things that aren't absolutely comfortable in every way. And so pencil skirts, at least ones with this type of waistband, are leaving my closet. After I've washed up this pink pencil skirt, you will see it on eBay. Eventually. I'm almost out of free listings for this month. (In case you care to stalk me on eBay, look up my seller name "dachshiemama".) 

I'd thought about making this skirt one of my "Use It or Lose It" items, to pair it with something other than the same top, but I don't think a different top is going to make it feel any more comfortable. And no, I have not chosen anything for this challenge yet. Winter made a comeback early this week, although it is warming up again, and I have been on the go a lot the past several days. This is Holy Week, also, which means extra time spent at church and in preparing to have the kids over on Easter Sunday. So there hasn't been a lot of time to spend on getting out the tote boxes of seasonal clothes. I'd hoped to have it done by the end of this week, but don't hold your breath.

No comments: