Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day Fun

My sister B, aka Salt City Hausfrau, and I took our Mama to see a play Sunday afternoon as our Mother's Day gift to her. In the past few years, we've taken to giving "experience gifts" whenever possible. None of us needs more stuff, but we can always use more memories!

The play we attended was an adaptation of Little Women. Louisa May Alcott's timeless story occupies a special place in the hearts of the women in our family. If you've followed this blog for a long time, or if you're a family member, you know that each year I host a "Little Women Party" for my mom, sisters, sisters-in-law, daughter and nieces. It's been more difficult to coordinate this  gathering the past few years, so I've settled for variations of it. This year's Little Women Party happened on Mother's Day, with just Mom, B and me.

We had a lovely time together; the play was presented well by youth actors. B gave us each a packet of Swankies to use during Beth's death scene, but it wasn't done as tragically as we're used to, so we didn't shed any tears. I shared  some chocolate during intermission, and we went to McDonald's for coffee afterward, there not being a coffee shop open in that town at that time of day. B and I had icy cold coffee drinks, because it was hot and windy out and our hot flashes were going crazy. Mom doesn't drink coffee, so she visited with us girls while we sipped. It was quite a nice Mother's Day outing!

 Tacera dress - Factory Connection
Basic Editions sandals - Walmart
Earrings & necklace - Cato

 Faded Glory dress - Walmart
Belt - Walmart
BOC sandals - Vanderbuilt's
Earrings - JC Penney's
Bracelet - gift from sister L

 "I could never love anyone as I love my sisters!"
~Jo March

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! We love you! ♥


No comments: