Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Tortoise and The Hare

My little grandson Boo came over to spend the day this past Saturday. In lieu of a nap, we sat in Grammy's reading chair and went through a stack of books. One of our selections was The Tortoise and The Hare. My posts on this blog have been so few and far between, I feel rather like that tortoise. Or maybe I'm more like the hare...running along full speed, then suddenly falling over to take a nap just near the finish line.

So...I'm a tortoise AND a hare.

This outfit was worn weeks ago, but I liked it, so I'm going to tell you all about it. If I can remember.

 Merona tee - thrifted
Gloria Vanderbuilt shorts - thrifted
Dansko shoes - Zulily.com

Pooka was helping me take outfit photos that day. She's my little helper dog! We do almost everything together. 


If memory serves correctly, and that's iffy these days, I found this tee at a yard sale. Or it might have been Goodwill. OK, I really don't remember, except that I am SURE that it was thrifted. What I do remember for sure is that the instant I saw that sweet little bird and branches, I knew that this tee was going home with me!


What did I do the day I wore this outfit? I think I must have gone grocery shopping, because I added a bit of jewelry to make it special. This bracelet was given to me by my adopted mother-in-law. She really belongs to Sister L, but she allowed Sister B and me to adopt her, since B's MIL is kind of a B, if you know what I mean, and my dear MIL lives in heaven now. Thank you, Momma L!


2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

That shirt was definitely made for you. I like the bracelet, too.

lantabmom said...

Love this outfit, looks so comfortable yet not sloppy at all.