Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pink Dotted Dachshunds and Chocolate Chip Cookies

My sister-in-law is a sewing fanatic. Not like me. While I do enjoy sewing, I usually have to dust my sewing table before I begin a project. No, she sews ALL. THE. TIME. Mostly quilts, but lots of other things, too, like bags, kitchen accessories, aprons and the like. She's pretty good at it, too! A while back, she made a lovely set of items out of pink dotted Dachshund fabric, which, of course, is adorable on all three counts. The items included an apron, hot pad, purse-sized tissue holder and a glasses case. I forgot to get the tissue holder out for the photo.



Isn't this apron the cutest thing ever? I'll admit that it hung from a peg in my kitchen, unworn, for quite some time. How could I possibly wear it and not get stains on it? I'm a very messy cook! One day I decided that it is silly to let an apron gather dust. My SIL made that apron for me to use, so use it I will! I do attempt to keep it from getting stained, however, so I wear it only when making something simple, like chocolate chip cookies.

No need to share my recipe for those...it's the standard recipe everyone uses. I've used it so often, in fact, that I rarely get out the Betty Crocker cookbook when the cookie jar is empty. I'm pretty sure I could whip up a batch of dough in my sleep. Some Postman loves having cookies in his lunch box! And, yes, I admit to enjoying cookies after my own lunch as well. Care to join me?



1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

As I've said many times, I wish I could sew. But I think I would settle for a sister who sewed for me. Oh wait, I don't have a sister either!