Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Out With The Old, In With The New

Tomorrow is the start of another new year, 2015. Will you be making any resolutions, setting goals, hoping for a fresh start? While I don't make resolutions, I do have a few goals in mind.

1.  Spend more time being creative.

This past year, I spent a lot of time working on eBay sales. I've enjoyed it, certainly, and have been somewhat successful at it. But I have not had any energy left over for sewing or making crafty projects. In the year ahead, I'm going to scale back on selling and ramp up crafting.

2.  Get back into a regular workout routine.

Ever since my first baby was born nearly 24 years ago, I've exercised 3-5 days per week, the only exceptions being for illness or recovering from surgery or injuries. Once again, injuries have kept me from regular exercise for the past few months. I've managed to do some yoga and take a short walk here and there, but nothing like what I'm accustomed to doing. The injuries are not improving much, but I'm tired of waiting on them. It's time to find something my body is able to do, and work it!

3.  Return to the Thin Within way of eating.

Several years ago, I learned about Thin Within, a faith-based weight loss approach, and led a group at my church. As long as the group stayed together, I followed the program and said farewell to 35 lbs. After the group disbanded for lack of participation, my incentive to adhere to the program also disappeared; gradually, most of those 35 lbs came back. Adopting a vegetarian diet is probably the only thing keeping me from regaining more than I lost back then. I'm really tired of feeling blob-like, and since TW was the simplest, most effective weight loss program I've ever followed, I want to get back on that wagon.

That's it...those are my goals. Nothing earth shattering or terribly difficult. Just a few things for me to strive to improve.

May 2015 be a year of peace, good health and joy for us all!


1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Hmmm, I'm going to check out this Thin Within plan. I've finally lost 5 pounds, so my new plan is to try to lose 5 more. Once that's accomplished, I'll try for 5 more.