Thursday, December 18, 2014

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Program

So I disappeared from my blog for a few weeks. I've been busy, y'all! This is the first time I've kept my eBay auctions going over the holiday season, and while it's been fun, it's an added time consumer in an already action-packed month. I'm getting the holiday things done (decorating, shopping, wrapping, baking, cleaning, etc) and the usual things, too (cooking, laundry, animal care). But other things (working out, reading, blogging) have had to go on the back burner. This Grammy doesn't have the zip she used to have 20 years ago! How on earth did I decorate every room in the house, bake 12 different kinds of cookies/candies, clean the entire house twice a week AND chase after two kids???

Since it's doubtful I'll find much time for blogging until after Christmas, I'm going to use this post to "catch up" on the few outfits I've documented with photos to this point. Get ready...we're gonna get zippy! Ha ha!




Outfit details: sweater & scarf ~ Modcloth; leggings ~ Walmart; boots ~ eBay; earrings ~ adoption fundraiser; pin ~ thrifted. This outfit was worn the church the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I'd planned to wear it ON Thanksgiving, but since we hosted the meal at our house, there was no way I could wear a warm sweater while doing all that cooking.




Outfit details: sweater ~ thrifted; leather skirt ~ thrifted; boots ~ JC Penney; earrings ~ adoption fundraiser. Another church outfit, worn the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I discovered that it's quite challenging to kneel at the communion rail in a leather pencil skirt when you can only put weight on one knee. But I did it!



Outfit details: sweater ~ eBay; shirt ~ thrifted; jeans ~ thrifted; shoes ~ eBay; necklace ~ gift. This is what I wore to go Christmas shopping one day early in December. It was warm enough that day, a coat was not needed, especially with that cozy cashmere sweater.

I was sure I had a couple pics of one more outfit, but I can't find them. It's entirely probable that I deleted them before uploading. And I apologize for the lack of brand names in the outfit details. There isn't enough energy left in me tonight to go rifling through my closet to examine tags. Good night, folks, and in case I don't see you again for a while...Merry Christmas!


3 comments:

lantabmom said...

I've been looking at possibly finding an outfit similar to your first picture, it's cute and looks comfy. I love reading your blogs!!

Melissa G said...

The only place I've seen a swingy sweater like that is Modcloth, and I had to wait for it to become available again to buy it. Apparently, it's quite popular!

Mia said...

Pink and leather, pink and leather!