Monday, January 12, 2015

First Sunday Style of the Year

Last Sunday we celebrated Epiphany at church, so I thought it was appropriate to wear my red dress. It wasn't warm enough to wear regular shoes with it, however, so I dressed it down a bit with boots and brown denim. This jacket is too big for me, and I plan to replace it eventually, but it looks OK belted. I haven't worn a belt in a LONG time! Not sure why...perhaps I've fallen back into the habit of hiding my waist instead of admitting I have one.

 Outfit details: Merona dress - Target; Christopher & Banks jacket - thrifted; belt - thrifted;
 Fitzwell boots - eBay; earrings - JC Penney's; vintage elephant pin - local shop.


I fell in love with this little red elephant pin the instant I saw it! The lady who owns the local shop where I purchased the pin has a wonderful selection of vintage pins. It was difficult to limit myself to three pins! Her prices are quite reasonable, so buying more really wouldn't have been a problem, but my jewelry box can only hold so many.


Earlier this season, I decided to sell my cognac boots (seen here) on eBay. The color was the only thing about them that I truly liked; they just didn't fit well at all. Back to eBay I went for a replacement pair, only this time I researched brands to find some that would deliver the kind of fit I wanted. This pair of Fitzwell lined leather boots are wonderful! I'll be wearing them until they fall apart, which hopefully won't happen for a very long time.

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love this outfit. The combination of red and brown looks good on you. The elephant pin just sets off the entire outfit.