Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sunday Style 1-25

This Sunday's outfit should be placed in the "not so great" category. It's not an "epic fail", but I made too many frowny faces at the mirror and when I looked at the photos, so it can't be a "like".

Outfit details:  Christopher & Banks sweater - thrifted; Appraisal skirt - thrifted; 
earrings - JC Penney's; belt - umm...I don't remember; tights - Walmart; 
Life Stride shoes - thrifted.


Let's be positive first....this is what I do like about the outfit:  the color of the sweater, the belt, the fullness of the skirt, and the color of the shoes. What caused the frowny faces? The fit of the sweater (too big, sleeves more like 7/8 instead of 3/4 - I rolled them up so it wouldn't be quite so obvious), the length of the skirt (too long for my short frame), the fit and look of the shoes, and the overall too-voluminous-ness of the outfit. I keep forgetting that even though I feel large and fluffy most of the time, if I wear large and/or fluffy clothing, it only serves to make me appear dumpy.  Clothing that fits well is far more flattering.

And so I will bid farewell to the sweater and the skirt. Sweaters are impossible for me to alter, and shortening the skirt would alter the design too much. The shoes are just hopeless. Bleh!

We can't end this post on a low note, so let me tell you about my most recent online shoe shopping experience. A friend told me about Orthaheel shoes, which are supposed to be the best for people dealing with Plantar Fasciitis. I checked out the website and nearly fell off my chair at the prices. Ebay's prices were no better. A few days later, what should appear in my inbox but an email from Zulily, featuring Vionic shoes with Orthaheel technology - at about 1/3 the retail price! Woo-hoo! Of course, I went shopping. I can hardly wait for these to arrive in my mailbox:




2 comments:

lantabmom said...

I agree about the well fitting clothes. It's hard to take the time to find them, but well worth it in the long run, when it looks so much better and you feel more confident. Awesome that you found better prices on the new shoes. I love Zulily!

lantabmom said...

I have bought from Zuliliy cute outfits for the girls, Crocs for all of us girls, some outfits for the girls that come with matching doll outfit, and some toy type things that you usually don't see in stores. I've also seen lots of ideas for travel, and fashion that I've pinned for pinterest.