Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sunday Style: SIA Young Woman Watering a Shrub

Normally, I won't do two Sunday Style entries in a row, but today's post is an exception for Style Imitating Art. SIA is a style challenge hosted by a trio of bloggers (Jen, Salazar and Jess), in which bloggers and non-bloggers alike are encouraged to find outfit inspiration from a particular piece of art chosen by one of the three ladies. This week's selection is Young Woman Watering a Shrub by Berthe Morisot, chosen by Salazar of 14 Shades of Grey:


It has been quite some time since I have participated in the SIA challenge, but I am determined to do so more often. This painting called to me; it speaks of summer, romance, and the everyday all at once. And I was pleasantly surprised to find some pieces in my closet that drew upon the colors in the painting:


Outfit details:  
Christopher & Banks top and skirt; Next Era sweater; Nurture shoes; necklace - all thrifted.
Earrings - Premier Designs; George tights - Walmart.
Grane coat - thrifted; gloves - Walmart.


This was the first opportunity I've had to wear my winter white coat, and I discovered it is missing the top button when I put on the coat for the above photo. That must be why the lady sold it for $1 at her yard sale...good for me! I've got plenty of spare buttons; surely there will be one that is a close match.



Since the necklace is rather short, I extended its length by linking in a simple chain bracelet. That made the necklace the perfect length.


For some reason, I found it hilarious that the name of the color of these tights on the package was "shittake".  Are they really a mushroom shade? Some Postman despises mushrooms - he calls them a "nasty fungus" - so I told him I was wearing fungus on my legs. He he he!

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love your coat - what a bargain for $1!