Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Big Reveal!

After kicking around a lot of ideas for a new name for this blog, and bouncing them off my sisters, then checking to be sure they weren't already in use by others, I finally made a choice. Flint Hills Hausfrau will henceforth be known as....

Peace and Crumbs

The name is derived from one of my favorite verses in the book of Proverbs:  Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife. This saying is my life mantra. I strive to be content with and thankful for what I have, be it ever so humble, and to be a positive peacemaker. God has blessed me with many riches - not necessarily tangible riches, although I certainly have much more in that area than the vast majority of this world's population. I am rich in faith, family, love, good health, and happiness. These are the simple "things" that bring me joy, contentment, peace...and my hope is for this blog to reflect exactly that.

I'll be changing the title and web address in the next day or two, so if you have the blog bookmarked, please make a note. Being nearly tech-dumb, I'm not entirely certain how things work, but suppose that if you follow the blog via Blogger, Google or WordPress, the change won't cause you to lose track of it. If you do, though, just search for the new name; surely it will pop up. 


2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I like that verse as well.

lantabmom said...

Love the new name!