Monday, March 23, 2015

First Sunday in Spring

We got back home from our niece's wedding last Tuesday evening, and it has taken me this long to get caught up. And I'm not entirely certain that I've actually done so! It takes me at least a week to get back into the swing of things after being away, even for a few days.

This is the only photo I have of Some Postman and me in our wedding attire:


And it doesn't even show my awesome shoes! Ah well, I'll have to find another occasion to wear them. The wedding was beautiful, of course, and it was a joy to be part of the bride and groom's special day.

And now back to normal, everyday life....

Spring has arrived! Woo-hoo! While we were away, the tulips and lilies began shooting their greens up through the ground, and my lilac bushes sprouted buds. Some Postman plans to till the garden one day after work this week, then get radishes and lettuce planted. Someone told me they think we'll have one more snow storm here in Kansas, in early April, but we're all hoping that's not going to happen. Winter, be GONE!!!

Mornings and evenings are still cool, but for the most part, I think the days of wearing tights and leggings are over. I'll clean and pack away my winter boots, but will still wear ankle boots and cowgirl boots for a couple of months yet. Yesterday was the first time I wore these black fringed cowgirl boots:

Outfit details:  Kupcake dress - thrifted; Christopher & Banks jacket - thrifted;
boots - thrifted; earrings - JCP; bracelet - Walmart.



The plan for this white denim jacket is to dye it cocoa brown, but as you can see, that hasn't happened yet. Mainly due to the fact that I can't use my own washing machine for dying, because the water drains out into the yard. Somehow, I doubt that Rit dye is good for grass or ducks. One of these days, I'll go to the laundromat and get the job done. In the meantime, I'll get some use out of the jacket in its current state.



No idea what brand the boots are, because the insoles have been replaced. They are pretty comfortable, especially with my own insoles added. Amazingly enough, I've found recently that wearing a moderate heel actually helps my foot hurt less. Maybe I should take to wearing cowgirl boots everyday instead of athletic shoes...

3 comments:

Mia said...

Those boots might be the most appealing Western-style pair I've ever seen. I love this look! It's funny, I've heard that about moderate heels before from folks with sensitive feet--I wonder why that is? I should go ask a podiatrist.

Melissa G said...

I wish I knew what brand the boots are! All I know is that they are leather, size 7B, according to the faded lettering inside the shafts.

As for the heels and foot issues, I'd been told that I had to give up heels once I developed plantar fasciitis. So I got rid of most of my highest heels (couldn't part with a few of the cutest shoes!). I think in my case, wearing a heel puts more weight on the ball of my foot, relieving my heel. But I'm not a podiatrist, so for all I know, it's doing more harm than good.

twebsterarmstrong said...

Both dresses are gorgeous!