Sunday, March 1, 2015

It Was Bound to Happen

This housewife rarely gets sick. Even when my kids were in school dragging home germs of all sorts and I spent entire nights holding a poor barfing kid in the bathroom, I almost NEVER got the illness myself. I am MOM, incapable of infection! Who needs a flu shot? Not me!

Yep. It finally happened. I got sick.

And I shared the germs with Some Postman so we could be sick together. Isn't that sweet? We've spent the past couple of days guzzling Gatorade, watching tv between naps and attempting to interpret this:

"Yeah - hack, hack! - can you - hack! - just warb ub sub - wheeze! - soub?"

We're both feeling better today, although Some Postman is ahead of me on the track to wellness. Which is for the best; he's the one who must leave the nest and return to work tomorrow. I can stay home and cough and wheeze as long as I need to. At least, until Wednesday. I have to be well and no longer contagious by then, because our church ladies group is putting on a dinner before the Lenten service. I'm sure the bug will be gone by then. After all, it's been lurking in my body for over two weeks. Time to move on!

Once my brain is out of this foggy soup, I hope to get back to regular posting. I've not done much thrifting (only venturing to the stores for supplies of fluids, meds, cases of Kleenex and fruit) and am itching to get back to it. I noticed a sign in the window of the little church-run thrift store in town that said "entire store 1/2 price" sometime last week, so am hoping the sale is still on this week. Or maybe it will be time for the $1/bag sale! That would be even better!

I'd also like to do some more food posts. I made some delightful multigrain seed bread recently and meant to post about that, but completely forgot to take photos. The recipe isn't my own; if you'd like to check it out, go visit Cook's Country Tv's website: Multigrain Bread. You'll have to sign up for a free membership in order to view the recipe. The only change I made was to use a variety of seeds - pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, flax, chia and poppy seed.

The one thing I have been working at while under the weather is eBay. Sick or not, I can still manage to take a few photos and sit at the computer writing descriptions that are mostly coherent. Thank goodness for USPS Click-n-Ship, too! Padding my Shoe Fund can be done without leaving the nest. Just so there will be some pictures in this otherwise print-only post, here's a look at some of what I've recently listed:






With the exception of the mustard sandals, all items came from my own closet. I purchased the Modcloth Galactic Gala dress on eBay for myself, but it doesn't fit me quite right; also, it's polyester, which I am removing from my wardrobe. The Kut from the Kloth polka dot shirt was made for someone much taller than me. I tried, but it just looked like I was playing dress up. I adore the Bandolino skirt, but it's just snug enough to make me uncomfortable unless there's a layer of armor beneath it. With my new philosophy of "only keep what fits", away it goes. The BOC slides are TOO CUTE, but alas, a bad idea for my gimpy feet. Sob! As for those adorable Kenneth Cole Reaction mustard sandals with cork heels...how I wish they were my size! They were too sweet to ignore, so they came home with me for the purpose of admiring them while they await a new owner. Yes, I buy what catches my eye at thrift stores, even if it's not my size, just so I can enjoy it for a bit and make a little extra cash on the side. It's fun!

No comments: