Friday, April 24, 2015

Gingham, a Vintage Dachshund and BABIES!

Oh boy oh boy....I had hoped to post something each weekday this week, but that did not happen. On Wednesday, I went to town (wearing the outfit below) and it completely wiped me out. What did I do? Not that much...returned some things at Target, made a quick stop at Bath & Body Works (to use a coupon for a FREE full size product - love when they offer those!), did a not-so-quick trek through Walmart (stood in line FOREVER at the deli counter...sigh...), ate two slices of cheese from the pokey deli while I zipped over to Dillons (loaded up on groceries there) and then went home, completely forgetting to go pick up my baby chicks at Orcheln's.

Outfit details:  Christopher & Banks top - thrifted; vintage pin - antique shop;
jeans - thrifted

It's not like I ran a marathon or anything, but I still haven't recovered from Wednesday. Good grief, you'd think I was OLD! I've got my little GreenAir diffuser pumping out "alertness" right this minute, trying to work up the energy I'll need for today's busy schedule.

Somewhere out in Blogland, I saw that gingham is THE pattern for spring. Florals are also big, according to others. Happily, this shirt has both! Some Postman saved this lavender gingham shirt from the donation pile last year. I thought it was too boxy on me, but he said he liked it. He so rarely says anything about what I wear, that when he does, I don't get rid of that item until it falls apart!


Wearing one of my many vintage pins makes me happy, and this one especially so. Isn't it adorable? This little Doxie joined my collection last year for my birthday. I spotted it while we were out antiquing, and my dear husband bought it for me.

While my clothing choices made me happy on Wednesday, they didn't aid my memory much. Can't believe I totally forgot to pick up the baby chicks! And so we had to go back into town yesterday when Some Postman got home from work. It turned out fine, of course. Since we didn't have any other shopping to take care of, we took the opportunity to look at bathroom cabinetry at Custom Wood Products and check out landscaping rocks at MCM. Those are next on the list for The House Project. While I'm looking forward to an all-new bathroom, the process getting there causes me a bit of anxiety. How long will we have to bathe in the kitchen sink? Will we need a port-a-potty? Projects like this ALWAYS take longer than expected.

Look at the babies we brought home!


Six adorable, fluffy Black Sex Link pullets! They are so cute and such good little babies. It was too cold to leave them out on the porch last night, so we put their box in the laundry room. I thought they would peep all night long, keeping us awake (or me - SP can sleep thru most anything), but they were quiet and peaceful. Etta Pooka was VERY curious about them the first hour or so, but she calmed down and left them alone after that. Next week, a pair of ducklings will join the chicks. My husband cannot resist ducks! He ordered a couple of female Rouen ducklings, which will arrive on Tuesday.

There are more babies on the farm, too! Our little barn cats are blessing us with a supply of mousers. Candy had her babies last Saturday; Cookie will have hers in another couple of weeks, at my best guess. Candy made the hen house her nursery.


So many babies! And guess what....there will be a new GRANDBABY in our family! This Grammy is thrilled! Our daughter is expecting Baby #2 in early October. Boo said he wanted a baby brother at first, but then he changed his mind and decided a sister would be fun. We'll find out what he's going to get in a few weeks.

Happy, happy, happy!!!!

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Congrats again on the new grandbaby! It's so exciting.

Melissa G said...

Thank you! It is exciting! :)