Friday, April 17, 2015

Never Any Befores, Only Afters

So the other day, I organized my sock drawer.

Really! I did!

It was the last portion of my dresser that needed attention after the seasonal clothing swap / purge. Each spring and fall, I get out the new season's clothing and put away (and sort out) the past season's items. This is a project that has been squeezed in here and there over the last couple of weeks, and finally I got to the sock drawer.

This is what it looked like after:


And of course, I didn't think to take a photo of it before. It wasn't too badly bungled - socks were still sorted by type (ankle, crew, knee) but they'd gotten all out of color whack. Just like my shirts, skirts, pants, and dresses, I like to keep my socks in color order. Makes it easier to find what you're looking for in the morning.

While sorting, I realized that I no longer wear plain, solid color socks. Fun socks are so much more interesting and entertaining! I did keep one pair of black, one white, and the three little "foot covers", but otherwise, all my socks are FUN!

Organizing my sock drawer was quite enjoyable. Organizing my craft room is not, but it's in sad need of doing. Ever since we had to empty the master bedroom a few years ago due to The House Project, my craft room had to take on the role of office and catch-all closet as well. We finished the master bedroom almost a year ago, but only recently moved the office out of my craft room. Now it's time to sort through the catch-all stuff, as well as my sewing and stamping supplies. It turns out that I don't miss stamping all that much, having been unable to access it those many months, so I'm getting rid of a lot of that. Sewing interests me more again, so I need to get my act together and organize my supplies.

It's a bit overwhelming, that job, so it's going to be a while before you see an "after" photo of the craft room. Perhaps I ought to take a "part-way" shot...it's too late for a "before". Again.




2 comments:

Mia said...

That might be the most organized sock drawer I've ever seen. My socks aren't even paired in the drawer, much less sorted by type or color! It makes every morning a hilariously buffoonish treasure hunt.

Melissa G said...

Well, you ought to see my utensil drawer in the kitchen! I try really hard to keep it as organized as my sock drawer, but it refuses to cooperate. When we eventually remodel the kitchen, however, it should be easier because I'll have better cabinetry to work with.

There's just something very soothing to having organized drawers for me...guess that's how my brain works! :)