Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Large Bites, Numerous Pies and Flaming Irons

I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

I've got my fingers in too many pies.

And I have too many irons in the fire.

Yeah, I know...a writer should avoid the use of cliches. My brain is simply too fried to think of anything on its own, so it's relying on idioms and over-used phrases.

My hat is off (there's another one!) to all the women out there who work a full time job, take care of a family and a home, and do volunteer work - and do it all well! I am not like you...I'm falling apart at the seams (sorry) and all I did was a drop in the bucket compared to you.

Super Woman is NOT my middle name. It's more like Ultra Wimp. I am Worn-Out Woman, hear me cry...

I've got my eye on the prize, though. (Ugh!) Some Postman surprised me by making plans to go visit my sister-friend M.A. and her family next month. I am SO excited! I made one of those cutesy count-down signs and put it in the kitchen to motivate me to keep on truckin'. (ha!) Hopefully I won't be a wet noodle by then. (How many of these do you think I can use in one post? :D )

In light of my lack of ability to wear many hats and juggle a dozen cats (rhyming idioms!), you may not see a lot of posts on the little ol' blog here. I'm gonna give it the old college try (yup) and at least pop my head in once or twice (is that an idiom?).

On that note...

Elvis has left the building. (ba-dum!)

1 comment:

lantabmom said...

You were on a role....Excited for you and M.A. to meet and enjoy a sisterchicks visit!!