Monday, May 4, 2015

Sunday Style: I'm So Blue!

So I've been pedaling away on my stationary bike for a few weeks now. At first, I turned on the TV for distraction, watching The Price Is Right most days. I found that looking at the TV had a tendency to mess with my equilibrium (something easily done due to inner ear issues), so last week I put some CDs in the stereo instead. What better music to motivate a workout than rock'n'roll with a touch of comedy? This is so much better!


"I'm So Blue" describes the dress I wore on Sunday, too. Not only is the dress blue, but it kind of made me feel blue.

Outfit details: H&M dress - thrifted; Gianni Bini shoes - Dillard's.

The price I paid for the dress tickled me pink - only 75¢! The color and print are lovely; that made me glow with golden sunshine happiness. What about this dress made me feel so blue-hoo-hoo?


Blue:  The fabric is 100% polyester, even the lining. That makes for a very small window of opportunity to wear the dress. It needs to be warm enough to go without a sweater, but cool and dry enough not to sweat buckets. There aren't many days like that in Kansas!

Hoo:  The dress has a side zipper, making it impossible for me to put the thing on by myself. It's a good thing Some Postman is around to help me in situations like this!

Hoo:  The fit is wonky. It's too big in the shoulders and snug at the high waist band. When I'm seated, the dress poufs out under the waistband making me look pregnant.

Will the dress stay in my closet or go? Hmm....

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I feel your pain. I can't wear polyester. It makes me "shine" too much.

lantabmom said...

Thanks, now I have that song in my head! lol