Monday, June 22, 2015

A Birdie of a Different Feather

At last, an outfit post! I have been wearing clothes lately, you all, even though it has definitely been hot enough to consider abandoning clothing. Alas, no matter how naked one gets, one is still hot. The best option, therefore, is to wear a cute tee with a simple cotton skirt.

 Outfit details:  Merona tee ~ Target; Merona skirt ~ thrifted;
Nike flip-flops ~ JC Penney's
From a distance, it looks like this t-shirt is covered in tiny gray triangles. But they're actually birdies. Not chirping birdies...


....the kind you smack with a racket!

I'm a complete sucker for a novelty print, so it was a good thing this t-shirt was on the clearance rack and that it's 100% cotton.

Now, if it weren't so dang hot outside, I'd be inspired to dig out our badminton set and invite the neighbor kids over to play. OOOO....if the rain stays away a little longer, maybe we can find a lawn sprinkler and smack birdies across the net while keeping cool at the same time!

3 comments:

lantabmom said...

Cute and comfy outfit! I also really like your playing badminton with a sprinkler going idea!

Bflowers said...

Birdie bath badminton! Love it! I may have to come up with a sprinkler sport too. No pool to cool off in anymore.

Grammy Goodwill said...

Oh, my. What memories this post brings back. I haven't played badminton since my brothers and I were kids. My parents put up a net in the backyard. I remember my mom and dad playing, too.
I've found several cotton dresses at yard sales. They've become my go to outfits when I want to be cool and have to run errands.
I hope you had a good weekend. I spent it in Winchester with my son and granddaughter.