Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Before Summer Ends...

 Outfit details:  DownEast Basics top ~ thrifted; Spiegel skirt ~ thrifted;
Born sandals ~ eBay; bracelet ~ Walmart.

This is what I wore to church one Sunday...WAY back in June! There are several forgotten outfits from the past couple of months, but I hope to get them on the blog before the end of August. I'm really, REALLY looking forward to fall's arrival! Not that it's been horribly hot this summer, although we have had some whoppers. It's just that fall is my favorite season, and I'm itching to bake, make soup, wear flannel. Ahhh...

I love this breezy cotton top! I bought it at a Goodwill store in Arizona during a visit to family. It was missing a button, but luckily there was a fabric-covered button in my stash that closely matched and I was able to replace it. I can't remember where I bought the Spiegel skirt, but I do recall that it was new with tags. Spiegel makes very good quality garments; my rather snobbish college roommate bought most of her wardrobe from Spiegel. She left behind a soft blue silk top at the end of the year and I wore that thing til it fell apart!


The colors in this top make me think of fall...I'll have to wear the outfit again in cool weather with boots and a cardigan.




3 comments:

lantabmom said...

Cute top and your sandals look comfy!

Mia said...

I've never heard of Spiegel, I don't think! I'll have to keep an eye out for it on future thrifting missions. Also, I love those sandals. I have one thrifted pair of Born flats and I keep meaning to hunt down another pair, be they flats or sandals or whatever. Their shoes are so well-made!

Melissa G said...

Born shoes are indeed very well made! I've been very fortunate to find several nearly-new pair at the local Goodwill store. And the boot store in town, Vanderbuilt's, carries women's Born sandals; they offer them for half price almost all summer long!