Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A Couple of Casual December Outfits

It's been a while since I've featured any casual outfits here on the blog, and even longer since I've written a thoughtful post or documented a kitchen adventure. Today I'm covering the casual outfits, and hopefully a variety of other topics will find their way onto the blog after the holidays.

Outfit details:  Lace jacket ~ thrifted; studded t-shirt ~ JC Penney's;
jeans ~ thrifted; boots ~ thrifted; earrings ~ JCP? (can't recall).


The outfit above was worn to a Wednesday evening Advent service at our church. While there is certainly nothing wrong with wearing jeans to church on Sunday morning, it's something I reserve for evening services. For one thing, Sunday morning is the only chance I have to dress up! 

Outfit details: flannel shirt ~ Menard's; jeans ~ Dress Barn;
hat ~ self-made; scarf ~ gift from daughter;
shoes ~ thrifted.


Yes, I bought a flannel shirt at Menard's. Some Postman needed some fix-it stuff, and I tagged along. Normally, I'd never purchase clothing at a home supply store, but the buffalo check called to me, and the shirt is of decent quality. I think I wore this outfit to buy groceries. It was cold that day, obviously, or else my hair looked rotten. Ha ha!



2 comments:

Mia said...

Oh man, it's been so long since I've written a really thoughtful post, it feels like. I'm convincing myself to post more casual outfits, though! And I'm glad you posted these, because that hat is AHHHDORABLE.

Melissa G said...

Thanks, Mia! I love my super-soft cashmere hat. :) I found another old sweater that holds promise of another one!