Sunday, February 21, 2016

I ♥ You!

Valentine's Day was a week ago. Yeah...this past week has been kind of...off... Not bad, just can't seem to get my act together. I've been struggling to get back on the Thin Within horse, had some minor pain issues, haven't been sleeping well, and my brain feels like it's constantly wrapped in fog. And so, here it is a week after the holiday and I'm finally getting around to sharing my Valentine's Day outfit.

I've worn this Perceptions dress many times and featured it a time or two here on the blog; it's been in my closet for a LONG time. And it will remain in my closet until it falls apart! While it doesn't lend itself to remixing very well, it makes up for its stand-alone-ness with buckets of comfort. Several people at church commented that my dress was pretty or that I looked nice, and yet I felt like I was wearing a nightgown. Perfect!

Outfit details:  dress ~ JC Penney's; scarf ~ thrifted;
earrings ~ MIL's collection; ring ~ Hobby Lobby;
boots ~ JC Penney's.

It's been too many years since I purchased this dress to remember what I paid for it, but I do recall that it was purchased off the clearance rack with a coupon, more than likely for less than $10. Everything about this dress is wonderful - the fit, the cut, the fun bold pattern, the ease of care. If it had pockets, it would get bonus points, but even without pockets, the dress is terrific. I like this dress so much, in fact, I've gone to eBay to see if I can find another one in a different pattern. A very similar dress did come up, but not in my size, and I wasn't overly fond of the pattern. The search continues...but if I don't find another dress, that's OK, too.

In the past, I've worn a bold pink necklace with this dress, but since it was a tad crisp last Sunday, a scarf seemed a cozier option. For some crazy reason, I got rid of the ONE solid black scarf I owned (it was sheer and silky with beaded trim on the ends, kind of fancy), along with my only pink ones. Last year, when the hot flashes were terrible and my scarves collected dust from no use, I purged a bunch of them. Kind of regret some of that tossing now. Oh well. At any rate, this pattern-mixing black-and-white infinity scarf was my only option for this outfit. Some Postman said he thought it looked fine, so around my chilly neck it went. 


My jewelry was my nod to Valentine's Day - silver heart earrings and a giant red plastic heart ring. The ring used to blink, but the battery is pretty much worn out now, so it flashes very dimly if I put my hand in a totally dark closet. It cost a whole dime (thank you, 90% after-holiday clearance at Hobby Lobby!) and it gave me two years in a row of blinking heart fun. It's still fun to wear even without the blink.

I ♥ you!


2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

That's a great dress. It looks comfy from here even. The scarf goes great with it.
I don't wear many dresses in the winter, but last week my BFF gave me a dress that she had in donate bag for Goodwill. It's a gray knit with ruffles down the front. I only wish she had given it to me sooner - and that I had looked in that bag sooner!

Melissa G said...

Oh, that does sound like a great dress! I'm really loving gray lately, too.