Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Everyday Outfit: Long Chambray Skirt

I wore this outfit on a Tuesday in April, to go grocery shopping. As I recall, it was the only day that week that I felt well enough to venture out of the house. The weekend before was the Kansas District LWML Convention, for which I chaired the Decorations Committee. Once my duties were finished and I'd come home, I curled up on the couch for a nap...and woke up feeling like a knife was stabbing me in the throat. A respiratory virus had me in its mean grip for a solid two weeks after that. The cough lingered for almost a month. But thankfully the virus waited until after convention to show its ugly face!

Outfit details:  button-down shirt ~ thrifted;
long chambray skirt ~ thrifted;
floral print canvas tennies ~ Target;
tiny bird necklace ~ Charming Charlie's.



How do I feel about this outfit? It's....hmm... OK. I like the colors, how the blush pink contrasts with the chambray, and how the tiny floral print on the tennies and the tiny bird necklace add to the femininity of it all. Wearing a button-down shirt tied at the waist doesn't look quite right on me anymore, though, and I'm really on the fence about that skirt. It's extremely comfortable, but the tiers and the length both work against me. I may try it again with a different style of top; maybe something more structured? Or not long sleeved? It's worth exploring, so I won't send the skirt to the donation bag just yet.

No comments: