Sunday, May 8, 2016

Sunday Inspiration 5.8.16


"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters."  Song of Solomon 2:1-2

Lily of the Valley, at my parents' house


These dainty lilies of the valley have appeared every spring on the north side of my parents' house ever since I can remember. When I was little, I would pick stems and bring them inside for Mom to put in a glass, or use them as "food" for my dolls. Their fragrance is quite delicate, and the bell-shaped flowers are so dainty, not showy and attention-seeking, yet this perennial flower returns year after year, hardy and strong.  My mother is much the same...she is dainty, delicate and shuns the limelight, but her faith and trust in God are hardy and strong, never wavering. You are my lily of the valley, Mama. I love you! Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Bflowers said...

That is a wonderful and very accurate comparison of our Momma! Beautifully written, sis!

lantabmom said...

I agree! Love that comparison!