Monday, May 2, 2016

Sunday Style: Nearly Forgotten

I am back on the blogging horse! My goal is to publish 3-5 posts each week, but will give myself grace if/when that doesn't happen. We all know how life sometimes gives us a hip bump and knocks us into the bushes!

Despite my lack of posting over the past couple of months, I did take a few photos with the intention of writing about them. I'll use these pictures for writing material inspiration in the next week or two. Hopefully the convenience of ready-to-go pics will get the habit re-established.

Here is an outfit I wore to church on a Sunday early in March. It must  have been warm that day. I don't remember...and not just the weather. I honestly do not recall wearing this outfit! Ha ha! But I do like it and would happily wear it again.

 Outfit details:  dress - eShakti.com; cardigan - thrifted;
leggings - Amazon; Earthies shoes - eBay.

This is one of my favorite summer dresses, because it is 100% cotton. It came with a 100% cotton slip, but I don't wear that very often because it fits rather snugly and makes me uncomfortable. I've discovered that comfort is more important to me than fashion; hence the removal of all Spanx-like items from my unmentionables drawer. I'm not in my 20s anymore and I don't feel the need to wear things that make me wish I could rip them off and just BREATHE for crying out loud!


Yeah, I'm getting more and more comfortable in my own skin, the closer my age creeps towards the mid-century mark. This does not mean, however, that I'll be "letting it all hang out". While I'm accepting of my lumps and don't care to squish them, I still don't want to emphasize them. It is possible to be comfortable without looking like you don't give a hoot. So this will be my wardrobe goal for mid-life:  comfortable classic chic.


In my quest to find comfortable shoes that offer the support my messed-up feet require AND the cuteness factor my shoe-loving self craves, I discovered Earthies. Cute and fully supportive! But priced higher than my thrifty nature can tolerate. Thankfully, many times I can find just what I want on eBay or Zulily at a price that doesn't give me heart palpitations. I purchased these shoes on eBay for about 1/4 the retail price. My new little blue almost-flats will be worn a lot this summer!

Tacked along with the above photos was this one:


Apparently I wanted to show how I wore the dress at home after church. Flannel shirts go with everything, dontcha know. Comfortable classic farmer chick. *grin*

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Love those shoes.

Melissa G said...

I love 'em, too! They're very comfortable!