Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday Inspiration: 8.7.16


Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.
Psalm 1:1-3


I've always loved trees. They provide shade in the heat of summer, give birds a home, and some of them have tasty fruit hanging from their branches. I never was a good tree climber when I was a kid, mostly because there weren't many trees in our yard that I could climb without using a ladder to reach the first branch. But there was an overgrown thatch of bushes under some trees in the back yard, and I played house in those bushes all summer long. 

Psalm 1 is a heart-warming promise to me. God says that when I delight in His Word and meditate on it, He'll make me like a tree...strong, comforting, able to give shelter to others. Let me be God's happy tree!

No comments: